All female eggs
Troutlodge is the world's leading supplier of eyed rainbow trout eggs. We specialize in the production of all-female and triploid (sterile) eggs. All-female eggs are preferred by commercial trout farmers throughout the world. Troutlodge proudly offers all-female Rainbow trout eggs as its standard product, meaning you do not pay a premium for these superior eggs. Maximize your farm's potential through these significant benefits:
- Firmer, more palatable flesh.
- Better feed conversion.
- Better, healthier fish due to fewer males.
- Fewer unmarketable, precocious males at dress-out time.
- Excellent commercial presentation of trout at any time of year.
Triploid trout are also known as 3N or sterile trout. Some of the many benefits of triploid eggs include:
- Better flesh quality compared to diploids
- Better growth to large sizes as all energy is transferred to growth rather than reproduction
- Comparable growth to diploid populations early in the life cycle
- More efficient and productive use of hatchery facilities by removal of unnecessary reproducing fish
- Fish are suitable for release without genetic impact, as they cannot breed with native populations
These benefits help make triploid eggs the perfect solution for farmers needing a sterile salmonid for the following situations:
- Growth past the normal period of reproduction
- Production of "trophy"-sized fish for recreational purposes
- Prevention of reproduction in released or escaped fish
Troutlodge has been a pioneer in the development of triploid technology and processes for the salmonid industry. Thanks to this extensive experience, Troutlodge achieves +99% induction rates in the triploid process. All triploid eggs sold by Troutlodge are all-female.