Industry leading disease resistance
All eggs shipped from Troutlodge are certified disease-free through an extensive, independent process that meets and exceeds OIE standards. Because of our global customer base, it is subject to a wide variety of health certification requirements, and so it has developed a comprehensive testing program that is unparalleled in the industry.
Fish health management
As part of our Fish Health Management Program, each group of fish is tested twice a year. All sampling is conducted by an independent veterinarian, accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture - Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA/APHIS). Collected samples are then shipped to the Washington Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (WADDL) at the Washington State University School of Veterinary Medicine for analysis. Testing protocols of both the OIE Diagnostic Manual and the Fish Health Blue Book of the American Fisheries Society are utilized for pathogen analysis. WADDL is approved by the USDA for aquatic animal health testing.
We are disease certified against
- Infectious Hematopoietic Necrosis (IHN)
- Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia (VHS)
- Infectious Pancreatic Necrosis (IPN)
- Oncorhynchus masou virus (OMV)
- Epizootic Hematopoietic Necrosis (EHN)
- Infectious Salmon Anemia (ISA)
- Spring Viremia of Carp (SVC)
- Renibacterium salmoninarum (Bacterial Kidney Disease)
- Yersinia ruckeri (Enteric redmouth)
- Aeromonas salmonicida (Furunculosis)
- Piscirickettsia salmonis
- Myxobolus cerebralis ("Whirling Disease")
- Ceratomyxa shasta
Our scientific network
Troutlodge and Hendrix Genetics maintain a global scientific network that aims to tackle industry wide challenges, as well as local ones. To learn more about our scientific network and our work around the world click below.